LIVE it up in MiamiThe holiday season may be over, but that doesn’t mean Miami is slowing down. The biggest sports event in the country is coming to town and you can bet big preparations are on the way to ensure that Super Bowl LIV embodies our famous phrase “I live where you vacation”! It wouldn’t be a Super Bowl without the various Super Bowl events that the host city puts in place for locals and visiting travelers alike.
See Super Bowl LIVE by Bayfront ParkStop by Bayfront Park for Super Bowl LIVE! A week-long fan fest that’s free of charge to guests of all ages. The festival will have a Huddle Down Community Stage, Road to the 11th, Tailgate Town, a culinary stage, water shows, evening parades, fireworks and so much more! Once you’ve had your fill of football fun, head on over to Bayside Marketplace right next door and join Island Queen Cruises for their famous Millionaire’s Row Tour! The Super Bowl Experience will be held at the Miami Beach Convention Center on the 25th, 26th, and the 29th through the 1st. Super Bowl Experience will be the most exciting event surrounding Super Bowl LIV – pro football's interactive theme park will be offering participatory games, merchandise, and autograph sessions with NFL players. There will also be personalized digital photos, a 40-yard dash and vertical jump against NFL players on LED screens, a virtual reality experience, and photos with the Vince Lombardi Trophy!
Super Bowl Kick OffOver at Marlins Park, the national kick off for Super Bowl LIV festivities known as Super Bowl Opening Night will be held on the 27th. Be a part of the action as the Super Bowl players and coaches partake in a live press conference! Super Bowl Opening Night is the first place that Super Bowl players and coaches from both teams will interact with media before the Super Bowl, and the only time the two teams will be together before the big game! Speaking of big games, next year Miami will play host to the 2021 College Football Playoff National Championship game. Like the Super Bowl, it will be held at the Hard Rock Stadium and is sure to be a popular and much anticipated sporting event. It’s never too early to plan for an event like this, so preparations will surely be underway for the showdown. Don’t wait until it’s too late and make sure to inquire about hosting your own event on the water!
Avoid the Miami TrafficMiami is infamously known for being one of the cities with the worst traffic in the country. Throw the Super Bowl into the mix and you can bet that highways and roads surrounding all the popular areas will be congested. Miami is known for its beaches, beautiful waters, and its boat life. And what better way to get around during such a busy time than by sea? Whether you want to host a Super Bowl party or charter a boat purely as a water taxi, Biscayne Lady has all sorts of boats and yachts available for any event you can think of!
Spoil Your Guests with Private TransportationTreat your guests to luxury and style by chartering one of our state-of-the-art yachts that will turn a regular commute to an experience in and of itself before kickoff! Whatever event you’d like to host, and whoever you’d like to impress and pamper, we at Biscayne Lady want to ensure your event will be one to remember. With the new year beginning and everyone looking forward to the events this year has to bring, now is the perfect time to start planning and reserving a beautiful yacht to make your event unique! Liven up your corporate meeting and enhance your team-building experience by hosting it on a luxury yacht! Please let us answer any questions and let us host your next party on our beautiful Miami waters! Contact us or give us a call at 305-379-5119. Let us help you get started with the event your guests will talk about until the next Super Bowl!
Making the Most out of the Holiday SeasonWith the holiday season in full effect, there is no shortage of fun and exciting activities to take a part of in Miami! Being the tourist and cultural hotspot that it is, it’s no wonder so many large-scale events and parties come to Miami. Among some of these are Art Basel, the Orange Bowl, and tons of New Year’s Eve events.
Art Basel in MiamiRanked as the premier art show of the Americas for providing a platform for renowned artists and galleries from all over the globe, Art Basel in Miami Beach will draw celebrities and alike. If you want to make a grand entrance, there’s no better way to do it than by chartering one of our luxury yachts which can dock in one of the many marinas in the Miami area. Have a client in town you’re looking to impress? Show them how we live in Miami by taking them on a tour in one of our state-of-the-art yachts and we guarantee they will not be disappointed.
Go to the Orange BowlThe Orange Bowl returns to the Hard Rock Stadium on the 30th for its 86th edition and with the Virginia Cavaliers facing off against our own Florida Gators, there’s sure to be plenty of activities to take part in leading up to the big day. Make sure to participate in the festivities like the Fan Fest tailgate party happening on the stadium grounds, entrance is included to all guests who have a ticket to the big game!
Book a Holiday PartyThe best way to celebrate any holiday in Miami is out on the water! With our warm sunny weather all year long, there’s never a bad time to set sail for a celebration! Whether you’re holding a small intimate gathering between friends and family or you’re trying to impress a client or associate with our state of the art luxury yachts, our friendly and reliable staff at Biscayne Lady Yacht Charters will be more than happy to help you throw the celebration of your dreams, regardless of your budget.
New Year’s Eve Dinner CruiseOur all-inclusive Dinner Cruise aboard our beautiful Biscayne Lady is the best place to ring in the New Year with your loved ones! We have the best seats in the house for the famous Biscayne Bay fireworks show. Our chef-crafted gourmet dinner and full-service premium bar will have you feeling on top of the world as you take in the majestic panoramic views of our gorgeous Miami skyline. Don’t wait too long, as tickets will sell out! Please let us answer any questions and calm any concerns you may have about hosting a party on our beautiful Miami waters! Contact us or call at 305-379-5119 and let us help you get started with the event your guests won’t stop talking about!
2. Have Fabulous Greeters Maybe you do not want a full theme for your event but just a way to make an impact from the moment the guests see your venue. A great way to make a splash from the very beginning would be with a living red carpet! Your guests have no option than to be shocked with an 8 foot tall beautiful women connected to the red carpet welcoming them as they board onto the yacht. This will ensure your guests take a lot of pictures from the beginning of your event which then ensures that they tag and share all over the gram! Another option would be to have a photo opportunity as your guests are about to board the vessel. They could stand in front of a magnificent flower wall or backdrop covered in your logo with the luxurious yacht in the background. This is another great way to start branding from the very beginning of your event and an easy way to get your name in photos that your guests will undoubtable share!
3. Keep Your Guests Moving with Hired Dancers Looking for something to keep the party going? Dancers are a great way to keep the energy level high and get those nervous dancers on the dance floor! Pick a color to coordinate with their elaborate costumes and watch your guests’ eyes be dazzled by the fancy footwork! The dancers can help bring out even the shyest of guests or everyone could enjoy choreographed performances throughout your event! Have a costume change to keep surprising your guests! Enjoy the night and let the music move you!
4. Keep the Night Upbeat with Lively Music Lastly, there is nothing better than having good music during your event! Music can make or break the event that you are trying to accomplish, so when making your music selections think hard about the type of vibe you want! Some great options include a steel drum band, Latin trio, DJ, live saxophonist, or a live violinist! Each option can bring a different feeling to your event. For example:
- Steel Drum Band – Great option for a tropical island theme night.
- Latin Trio – Nothing says Miami like a Latin Trio.
- DJ – Great for birthday parties, weddings, dancing, or to have in the background with your favorite slow jams.
- Live Musicians – Having a live saxophonist or violinist can give a feeling of sophistication during your event. Have them playing as your guests arrive or while they enjoy a delicious meal.
- Your status
- How successful you are
- Open Dance Floor
- High and low cocktail tables
- Tables and chairs for dinner (if serving a plated meal)
- Lounge furniture
- Blue stands for dependability, trustworthiness, and it can inspire confidence while giving a calming effect.
- Red can be considered provocative and is a stimulating color that is associated with high energy.
- Pink is considered a trendy color and is can be very fun. A soft pink is considered sweeter and bolding pinks are thought of as more romantic.
- Orange is thought of as an autumn color but can also have an exciting, dramatic and fun appeal on your guests.
- Yellow is cheerful and catches the eye. This color can communicate positive energy and warmth.
- Green offers a multitude of different tones depending on the type of green used. Deep green is associated with money and wealth while a lighter green gives of the expression of refreshing or healthy.
Destination weddings are trending more than ever, and more and more couples are ditching the need for a passport and choosing to stay stateside. South Florida weddings are a popular option on the destination list and with good reason. Swim and snorkel on your own private yacht. Hang out on the sundeck with a cocktail and great food. Or cruise into to the evening enjoying the sunset before being dropped off for dinner at a waterfront restaurant. South Florida has it all, plus many other attractions: from the wildlife of the Everglades, the culture of the Caribbean Islands and Latin America, to the amazing nightlife of downtown Miami, Wynwood and the Beaches. Our panoramic views, sunny weather and beautiful beaches easily compete with the beach appeal of Mexico and staying stateside is also likely lighter on the wallet for both you and your guests.
2020 DESTINATION WEDDING TRENDS
If you are planning a Florida destination wedding or are planning to go to one, you can expect to see some of these hot trends.
WEDDINGS ON THE WATER
South Florida is all about the water and the outdoors and depending on where you are staying we may be able to bring the floating wedding venue to you. Biscayne Lady Yacht Charters is a great option for a yacht event in South Florida. They are highly regarded as a top wedding venue in Miami and not just amongst yachts. Although their home base is in Miami they can travel as far as Palm Beach. We should also mention the added convenience of having your guests stay at any one of many beautiful South Florida’s hotels which have their own docks. Your guests can walk out the door and onto the yacht. Just imagine how surprised and impressed your guests will be when your reveal that the wedding, reception, or both will not take place in yet another boring hotel ballroom but instead on your very own private luxury yacht! Contact us to learn more!
BACHELOR/BACHELORETTE TRIP AND WEDDING COMBO
You can plan your bachelor/bachelorette trip a few months before the wedding or you can make it the week before the big day to extend the destination wedding experience! This is better on the pockets as you’re only purchasing one flight and you’ll also get more time to celebrate with your family and friends before the big day. Spend the day on a sport yacht with your bridal party!
CREATE AN ITINERARY
To really help curate a great destination experience for your guests, create an itinerary of fun and of course optional activities for them to enjoy before and after the day of. This is extra helpful for your guests who want to use this opportunity as a mini vacation for themselves. You can include their itinerary with their wedding invitation, on your wedding website or in their welcome gift bag.
Your wedding website is great for keeping guests up to date. Since guests will most likely stay at different hotels depending on budget make sure to include meeting points for optional activities. A lot of your guests will most likely opt for a day of rest and relaxation on the beach.
It is highly recommended to schedule a welcome party to give guests the opportunity to meet and get to know each other. This always makes for a better time at the wedding reception. The welcome party might be a sunset cocktail cruise, a dinner or a bonfire on the beach.
GROUP ACTIVITY SUGGESTIONS
Make sure to include some fun group activities for guests to enjoy. Some of your guests will wish to go off on their own to see the sights but a lot of your guests would rather take part in activities planned for them. Pre-planned activities are the best way to bring everyone together.
Below are a few great ideas that please every time!
- Take them snorkeling or boating
- Spa day
- Explore the Everglades
- Adventure package with activities like snorkeling, kayaking and stand up paddle boarding
- Brewery tour
- Sunset yacht cruise
- Beach yoga
- Group classes (surfing, painting, cooking, etc.)
- Beach bonfire
WELCOME GIFT IDEAS
Make sure to use your destination as inspiration! A personalized beach tote or waterproof bag if you are planning activities on the water is always a great touch!
- Flip Flops
- Handheld fans
- Luggage tags
- Pre-stamped postcards
- Playing cards
- Hand rolled cigars by experts in Miami’s Little Havana
- Individual bottles of local beer
- Hydrating facial spray
- White chocolate key lime cookies and key lime candies
- Practical items like suntan lotion, aloe vera, bug repellent wipes and hangover kits (always a hit!)
You really can’t forget any of your must-have items, but on the flip side, you also want to make sure you don’t over-pack. Here’s a helpful tip, consider inquiring whether you can send certain items to the venue ahead of time. Then you’ll only have to pack the essentials, such as your wedding attire, toiletries, any medications and vitamins.
2. A Dramatic Wedding Entrance Arriving for the ceremony is the first experience guests have. Featuring something that will set the ceremony apart from any others they have attended in the past is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Consider having a Harpist or a String Quartet playing contemporary music for your guests as they arrive. Musicians can stay through the ceremony and provide the music for your walk down the aisle as well as play that special song when it’s time to kiss the bride. Personalize the ceremony space with florals, an aisle runner and perhaps some rented seating if the venue allows it. Another great idea for a ceremony experience, would be setting up a beverage station to welcome guests while they greet each other and take a seat for the ceremony. These are just a few ideas of what you can do to help make your guests comfortable, get them to meet each other so they can enjoy the ceremony and later the reception. 3. Mood Lighting Never underestimate the power of good lighting. Many studies have shown the effect lighting and certain colors have on the mood of an individual. Utilize combinations of different lights and colors to provide a fun and relaxing environment. Lighting has the power to change your event, taking your guests from a solemn ceremony to a relaxed dining experience and later turning it up for entertainment and dancing. There are many new technologies emerging that incorporate lighting and projection as well. Be sure to include that extra touch to really wow your guests.
4. Wedding Photography & Timing Beginning a wedding at the correct time is essential to capturing the best photos for your album. A good photographer will be a master of light and the best ally in this department. Meet with a photographer well in advance to discuss what the best times to capture great photos during and after your ceremony are. This time will vary wildly depending on your location, the date and your personal preferences. The photos taken on this day will be with you for a lifetime, so make sure to capture as much of the moment as possible.
Biscayne Lady hopes these suggestions were helpful to you. Allow us to help you plan your special day, and we can get creative with these suggestions. There are many options available on the market and they range in price to fit a large range of budgets. You can have the wedding of your dreams with a little bit of vision and planning. We hope to have the pleasure of making your wedding memorable!